Three is a prime number and today”™s playlist is nothing if not prime. (However please note that there is no Primus on today”™s playlist). See if you can spot the theme here. Answers on a postcard.
Today myself, David and our evil minion Kev decided to stick 10 tracks each onto a collaboration and share it with the world. Or at least the part of the world that cares.
Coming up next week we”™ve got a variety of fantastic guest playlists to stir things up a bit. We”™re still waiting for a few submissions to trickle in (John Brobyn, I”™m looking at you here) so hurry your pants and get them in.
Playlist is here:
Bonus Track: Ernie K-Doe – Here Come The Girls
- Dinosaur Jr – Little Fury Things
- Husker Du – Don”™t Want To Know If You Are Lonely
- The Lemonheads – Second Chance
- Temple Of The Dog – Pushin”™ Forward Back
- The Toadies – Possum Kingdom
- Tad – Throat Locust
- Local H – Back In The Day
- Mudhoney – Suck You Dry
- Sonic Youth – Kill Yr. Idols
- Nirvana – Oh The Guilt
- Sleater-Kinney – Jumpers
- Maggot Brain – Extreme And Hard Boogie
- Silverchair – Pure Massacre
- Screaming Trees – Beyond This Horizon
- Queens Of The Stoneage – The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret
- Smashing Pumpkins – Ava Adore
- Pearl Jam – Garden
- Alice In Chains – Them Bones
- Silversun Pickups – Melatonin
- Blind Melon – Tones Of Home
- Meat Puppets – Plateau
- Rival Schools – Holding Sand
- The Get Up Kids – Grunge Pig
- Nada Surf – Popular
- Soundgarden – Spoonman
- Audioslave – Like A Stone
- AM/FM – Come Suck Down A Cloud
- Oceansize – Women Who Love Men Who Love Drugs
- Quicksand – Fazer
- Rage Against The Machine – Guerrilla Radio
As an aside, how do you all think Spotisfaction is going? As I stood on my faux-balcony this morning, having my post wake-up cigarette I wondered what the future had in store for this blog. Is radio dead? Are people so saturated with music choice that they have no idea what to listen to? What makes music journalists so damn snooty they think they can decree the success of otherwise of a band with their sub-par, horribly subjective and bland reviews? I”™m getting the tickle that states something must be done. This summer, we have to take some kind of action. Please upload your ideas into my brain along with a bit of alcohol so I can get something moving.
Ramble over, ramble on.