Guys, girls and northerners. Apologies for the delay in today”™s Spotisfaction. David and I are currently trialling a later update to afford us some more free time in the morning. It works for us, let”™s see if it works for you.
Today”™s mixtape of the virtual kind is from our good friend (and generally slick muddyfunster) Paul P, who obviously knows his way around the music. Turn left here, down that dark alley, ooh, check out that little shop, it does the best dango. Mmm, dango. I just ate a tomato. I was hoping that when I bit into it, tomato juice would shoot out and hit David right in his ear. You know, RIGHT IN HIS EARHOLE. But it didn”™t. Instead it went all over my beard, hands and keyboard. I blame David for this, and he will soon know the full extent of my wrath. Because he”™ll read this news post. Yes, David, I will have my revenge. Revenge is a dish best served with mint sauce. Like cous cous.
But enough talk, HAVE HAT YOU!
- Boyfriend – Alphabeat
- Efilnikufesin – Anthrax
- Drive That Fast – Kitchens Of Distinction
- Black Steel – Tricky
- Spit On A Stranger – Pavement
- Soon – My Bloody Valentine
- At Long Last – Swell
- Midnight In A Perfect World – DJ Shadow
- Sea Of Teeth – Sparklehorse
- I Will Dare – The Replacements
- See No Evil – Television
- French Film Blurred – Wire
- Moby Octopad – Yo La Tengo
- You Suffer – Napalm Death
- Wolf Like Me – Tv On The Radio
- Pearl – Chapterhouse
- Here Comes Everybody – Autolux
- Leave Home – The Chemical Brothers
- Glass Printer – The Besnard Lakes
- Broadway (So Many People) – Low
- Cybele”™s Reverie – Stereolab
- Waves – Holly Miranda
- Star Fruits Surf Rider – Cornelius
- Tunic (Song For Karen) – Sonic Youth
- Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix) – The Sabres Of Paradise
This is just a small selection of what I”™ve loved to listen to throughout this thing we call life along with a couple of things that I”™m liking currently. The first track is one of the most giddy uplifting tracks you can ever hear, and the second takes me back to my school days, the days of dandruff and mullets (for me anyway, ahem..). Endtroducing has to be one of my all time favourite records and Midnight in a Perfect world is a perfect encapsulation of the wonder that is DJ Shadow. Had to put Sparklehorse in (R I P Mark Linkous), truly genius. I liked Chapterhouse for about 40 minutes in 1991 whilst peering laconically through a very long fringe but this is an ace track I”™ve just rediscovered, .
The Besnard Lakes are new to me and I”™m loving this album at the moment, it has an epic spacious feel about it which greatly appeals to me. Low very much being an obvious influence on them had to follow. All rounded off with an ambient classic I preferred the original with beats but it ain”™t on here, the album Sabresonic is well worth a listen even if it is ancient now.
Hope my submission is an enjoyable one, I have much enjoyed checking out other playlists and have picked up a couple of new acts to follow which is what i like. Adios an”™ ting.