Well met, boys and girls.
It”™s all go here right now. There are big changes afoot, such as the introduction of deadlines here at Spotisfaction Towers. Working on Spotisfaction is now a bit more like a real job, except I enjoy it and it doesn”™t pay my rent.
Okay, I”™m going to keep it short and sweet today as I”™ve gotta get back to the grindstone. Today”™s playlist has been crafted by Kevin Atkinson, a regular reader/listener who is, quite frankly, our rock. You could say he is our post-rock. But that would probably be taking a joke too far.
- Joy Wants Eternity ”“ Above The Clouds Lies Eternal Sun
- Moonlit Sailor ”“ The Fog Is Lifting
- And So I Watch You From Afar ”“ A Little Bit Of Solidarity Goes A Long Way
- Codes In The Clouds ”“ Don”™t Go Awash In This Digital Landscape
- Pg.lost ”“ Jura
- Caspian ”“ Ghosts Of The Garden City
- Exxasens ”“ Sky In Red
- Collapse Under The Empire ”“ Conscious Of Thirty-Nine
- Signal Hill ”“ Stunning Clarity
- Long Distance Calling ”“ Black Paper Planes
- Jakob ”“ Malachite
- Beware Of Safety ”“ The Difference Between Wind & Rain
- Goonies Never Say Die ”“ Everyone Comes To Life
- Followed By Ghosts ”“ A Mirthful Experience
- Because Of Ghosts ”“ Burn It To The Ground, For Now
- The Seven Mile Journey ”“ Theme For The Oddmory Philosophies
- Saxon Shore ”“ Replacement Driver
- Destroyalldreamers ”“ Souvlaki Space Station
- This Is Your Captain Calling ”“ Lullaby
- Tristeza ”“ Golden Hill
- Mogwai ”“ Hunted By A Freak
- Maybeshewill ”“ Seraphim & Cherubim
- Ef ”“ Ett
- MONO ”“ Follow The Map
- Daturah ”“ 9
Post rock. Not everyone”™s favourite genre. By those that are not fans it has been politely described to me as elevator music and impolitely in terms that I will not post here. For those of you that like lyrical genius you wont find much here as this is a genre where lyrics are entirely optional but whose style can range from the truly ambient to the extremely experimental. I meandered into this genre following my shoegaze indie tastes and so tend to prefer the more ambient end of the genre but my playlist was more created by what I was able to find on Spotify rather than being able to choose all my favourites as there were a few missing but I think overall it”™s not a bad representation of the genre.
Catch you all again soon and I hope you enjoy the sing along!