Morning all you beautiful people. Today we”™ve got a real treat for you. I really love it when people theme their playlists – me? I”™m rubbish. I try and get them to flow, but I never really have a decent theme for any of mine. This one, however, has inspired me to create a similar one of my own and I hope it offers inspiration to yourselves, too.
So here”™s Simon Mogg: father, husband, video game tsar, and genuinely beautiful man.
Not sure if this is the sort of thing you”™re looking for. Not exactly music that”™ll be new to people but it is very personal. I wont be offended if you dont use it. Either way I”™ve enjoyed compiling it.
The evolution of Moggy (in music) – playlist here.
- PJ & Duncan ”“ Let”™s Get Ready To Rhumble
- Chaka Demus & Pliers ”“ Twist And Shout
- Wildchild ”“ Renegade Master – Fatboy Slim Old Skool Radio Edit
- Delirious? ”“ Deeper
- Steve ”“ My Ever My All (Falling Down Album Version)
- DC Talk ”“ Jesus Freak
- Red Hot Chili Peppers ”“ Police Helicopter
- Green Day ”“ Minority
- Muse ”“ Muscle Museum
- Limp Bizkit ”“ Break Stuff
- Linkin Park ”“ One Step Closer
- Lenny Kravitz ”“ Fly Away
- Less Than Jake ”“ Help Save The Youth Of America From Exploding
- [spunge] ”“ Kicking Pigeons
- Jesse James ”“ Shoes
- Sublime ”“ Santeria
- Flogging Molly ”“ What”™s Left of the Flag
- Richard Cheese ”“ Down With The Sickness
- Weird Al Yankovic ”“ Angry White Boy Polka
- NOFX ”“ Monosyllabic Girl
- (Hed) Planet Earth ”“ Suck It Up
- The Union Underground ”“ Turn Me On “Mr. Deadman” – Explicit Version
- System Of A Down ”“ F**k The System – Explicit Version
- Kiss ”“ God Gave Rock ”˜N”™ Roll To You II
- Queen ”“ One Vision (Single Version)
- Jimi Hendrix Experience ”“ Crosstown Traffic
- Wolfmother ”“ Dimension
- Ocean Colour Scene ”“ Hundred Mile High City
- The Living End ”“ Hold Up
- Does It Offend You, Yeah? ”“ We Are Rockstars
- Hadouken! ”“ Liquid Lives – Original Version
- Mint Royale ”“ Singin”™ In The Rain
- Pendulum ”“ Granite
- Sway ”“ Mercedes-Benz – Radio Edit
- The Cat Empire ”“ Hello
- Chuck Berry ”“ Roll Over Beethoven – Single Version
- Aretha Franklin ”“ Think
- The Commitments ”“ Try A Little Tenderness
”¦and now the Blurb.
This is a demonstration of how my musical taste has changed and developed over the years since i started listening to music.
Tracks 1-3 (age 10-14)
I apologise for the first track but i remember that PJ and Duncan – Psyche was the first album I ever owned (on tape). I thought I was cool. Turned out I was wrong. I also remember my sister owning Twist and shout on vinyl and listening to it constantly. As for renegade master it”™s a track that is good (even to this day) at high volume.
Tracks 4-12 (age 15-18)
I spent this time in an exceptionally bad band. hence minority. we covered it. (there should be some blink 182 here as well but spotify didnt have it). Also I was heavily involved in my school christian union which explains the bit of christian music (Steve, Delirious? and DC Talk). My ever my all is (in my opinion) a perfect indie style track. Guitar led with somr interesting twiddly bits. And then like any good teenager I started listening to Nu-Metal.
Tracks 13-23 (age 19-22)
While I was at university my CD collection increased from 30 CDs to just under 1000. There is a lot of music in there but this is the pick of it. There is a selection of Ska punk from DJing at the local punk night. Richard Cheese and Weird Al have made some awful tracks in their time but these 2 I personally think are inch perfect comedy covers. And then yet more nu-metal from being Vice President of the uni Rock society. I hasten to add that these tracks are of a slightly better quality nu-metal than the earlier tracks. I suppose thats all personal opinion mind.
Tracks 23-34 (age 23-25)
In this time I DJ”™d in a (slightly alternative) Dingy night club. Hence the fairly popular guitar led Rock. Dimension and Hundred Mile city are both examples of songs built round astonishing guitar riffs. I never get bored of the way the Ocean Colour Scene track starts. The Living End are an underratred australian punk three piece. I discovered them through the guitar hero game but the rest of their back catalogue is well worth a listen aswell.
The next 5 tracks are what I like to call ”˜volume”™ tracks. On the whole I dont like them much. But when played at ear bleeding volume in a club they are excellent.
Tracks 35-38 (age 25 – old)
I quit my job in the club and decided I wanted cheerful music with a tune and less swearing for my baby to listen to. You can not go wrong with old Rock n Roll and Rythmn and Blues. I can listen to this sort of thing all day. Amazing vocals and nobody is trying too hard to do interesting and new things. Its very simple but brilliant.
I want to add I still listen to all of this music. I never get tired of any of it. in fact i”™m off to listen to Limp Bizkit. Brilliant.