Afternoon! 79 playlists”¦ Crikey. Time flies, and all that. I remember getting to 5 playlists and thinking “Whoa, we”™ve managed a whole week! Badass!”.
Last night we posted our Glastonbury 2010 review, and we hope you enjoyed it. Remember, we”™d love for you to comment and are always hungry for a good ol”™ debate or just a bit of incessant banter. We”™re also looking for a few more contributors to help us generate some awesome content. If you think you could crack out the odd review or news post for us, or if you have a feature idea that you have a major passion for, please do get in touch.
Today”™s playlist is by Andy McKenzie, who first submitted a mix to us earlier this year. Thanks for this one, you balding git <3
Hit the jump for tracklisting and Andy”™s blurb.
- Living is a problem because everything dies – Biffy Clyro
- Cannonball – The Breeders
- Young cardinals – Alexisonfire
- Sunny days (Sesame Street) – Fall silent
- B.Y.O.B. – System Of A Down
- Almost easy – Avenged Sevenfold
- Ace of spades – Motorhead
- What can I do? – Poptart Monkeys
- Over my head – Lit
- I”™m on the Run – The Sewergrooves
- Who the fuck? – Graham Coxen
- Heart shaped box – Nirvana
- My generation – The Who
- Juneau – Funeral For A Friend
- Fallen leaves – Billy Talent
- When I argue I see shapes – Idlewild
- Everlong – Foo Fighters
- It”™s been a summer – New FOund Glory
- Cute without the ”˜e”™ – Taking Back Sunday
- The Curse of curves – Cute Is What We Aim For
- Lost in stereo – All Time Low
- Five becomes four – Yellowcard
- Longview – Green Day
- All the small things – Blink-182
- Pure morning – Placebo
- Well thought out twinkles – Silversun Pickups
- Y control – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Seven nation army – The White Stripes
- Life to lifeless – Killswitch Engage
- A box full of sharp objects (Live) – The Used
Right so here is another mix for you all, this time it”™s guitar based and again there should be something for everyone here.
So for me some of the standout tracks are as follows:
Cannonball by The Breeders. EPIC does not describe this track well enough, this is one of those tracks that once you hear it, it gets stuck in your head for days. Also if you have not heard it before then where the hell have you been?!
Sunny Days by Fall Silent a metal cover of the Sesame Street theme tune. This one was on regular rotation when I was at Uni.
Who the Fuck? by the musical genius Graham Coxen. Taken from his first album, “The Sky Is Too High”, this is a perfect low-fi track, Coxen played all the instruments himself and I suggest you check out all his solo work.
Fallen Leaves by Billy Talent, another of those songs that gets under your skin and stuck in your head.
When I Argue I See Shapes by Idlewild. Idlewild are one of my favourite bands and unfortunately they seem to not be as well known as they deserve.
Everlong by Foo Fighters. Man to I have some history with this song”¦ Every and I mean EVERY time I hear this it has the same effect on me, one that I can only describe as your first Prozac high, the rush from the back of your brain to the front.
Well Thought Out Twinkles by Silversun Pickups. Again another band that should be bigger, this track has to be one of their best.
A Box Full Of Sharp Objects (Live) by The Used. I had to pick this live track because of Spotify”™s shitty licensing as the album this is originally from is not available (like so much, unfortunately). [Editor – Andy has since found the regular version :)]