Bonjour et mercredi heureux. Apportez la discothÃ¨que! Today”™s playlist is one of mine and is a combination of funky tracks that have got me through the last few days of stressful moving and acts that played 2000trees festival. All in all, it”™s a pretty good mix. Check it.
As an aside, we”™re really short staffed at the moment. So if you”™ve submitted something please bear with us. We will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
88 Spotisfaction Wednesday (21 Jul) – TLavelle
- Terry Poison – Comme ci comme ca (The Twelves Remix)
- Goldheart Assembly – King Of Rome
- Klaxons – Forgotten Works
- Errors – A Rumor In Africa
- Trentemoller – Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!!!
- 65daysofstatic – Dance Dance Dance
- Abe Vigoda – House
- Tubelord – Night Of Pencils
- Sleigh Bells – Infinity Guitars
- Desaparecidos – Popn”™ Off At The F
- Little Fish – Am I Crazy
- Sky Larkin – Octopus ”˜08
- The Xcerts – Home Versus Home
- And So I Watched You From Afar – Set Guitars To Kill
- Vessels – Altered Beast
- Three Trapped Tigers – 6
- Maybeshewill – He Films The Clouds Pt. 2
- Daft Punk – Too Long (Gonzales Version)
- Air – So Light Is Her Footfall
- Metronomy – Love Song For Dog
Haven”™t got much to say about this playlist. I just knocked it up as I fancied listening to a few tracks. Kicking off is The Twelves Remix of “Comme ci comme ca”, which in typical Twelves style brings the disco. If you”™ve never heard these Brazillian love bastards at work, this is a fantastic place to start. I slipped Goldheart Assembly”™s “King Of Rome” in next because it just feels good, you know? Let”™s keep things happy for now, eh?
Tubelord were at 2000trees, unfortunately I missed them. To make up for it, I”™ll just leave “Night Of Pencils” here. I also missed Sky Larkin at the recent Broken Social Scene gig, which is a shame as they are fantastic – “Octopus ”˜08” highlights this, then underlines it. Then draws a lightening bolt behind it. Kickin”™ rad aces.
And So I Watched You From Afar were one of my favourite acts I did see at 2000trees. They were tight, they were vibrant and “Set Guitars To Kill” really sets the scene for the second half of the playlist.
Gonzales has a knack for picking fantastic tracks to re-imagining, and I”™m sure you”™ll remember the reworking of “Too Long” from Daft Punk”™s catalogue.
Closing this playlist is Air”™s sublime “So Light Is Her Footfall” and Metronomy”™s “Love Song For A Dog”, which to be fair feels a little out of place, but I just wanted to end with it. They were fantastic at 2000trees and I know for a fact made a few converts to their cause with their sublime set.
For now, for then, au revoir.