Quick straw poll – would you prefer playlist updates such as this one in the morning or afternoon? Let us know via Twitter (@spotisfaction).
Afternoon, folks! Today’s playlist comes courtesy of Simon Mogg, whose previous playlist was one of my favourite concepts: “The Evolution of Moggy (in music)”. Fortunately, for today’s submission he’s guaranteed us no nu-metal or PJ & Duncan…
Remember that we’re running a competition to win a ticket for Broken Social Scene’s show in Birmingham on Sat 26th June – if you’ve not entered yet, tweet us your favourite feel-good song with the #compisfaction hashtag. See here for full info!
Love, hugs and mealy bugs.
74 Spotisfaction Friday (18 Jun) – SMogg
Hit the link for the track listing and Moggy’s blurb.
- Damien Rice – Amie
- Johnny Cash – Hurt
- Amon Tobin – Four Ton Mantis
- Harry J Allstars – Liquidator
- David Bowie – Life On Mars?
- Flipron – Flush It
- Saul Williams – Black Stacey
- Maxim – Spectral Wars
- Jurassic 5 – CONCRETE SCHOOLYARD
- Beastie Boys – Shadrach
- Sublime – KRS-One
- Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood (Phi Life Cypher Version)
- RJD2 – Ghostwriter
- Flogging Molly – Float
- Brigham Young University Vocal Point – Super Mario
- The Puppini Sisters – Spooky
- Special AKA – Gangsters
- Desmond Dekker – You Can Get It If You Really Want
- Reel Big Fish – Drunk Again
- Everlast – Black Jesus
- Bill Withers – Lean On Me – Single Version
- Newton Faulkner – People Should Smile More
- Paolo Nutini – Pencil Full Of Lead
- Nick Drake – Black Eyed Dog
- 65daysofstatic – Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
- John Martyn – May You Never
- Ben E. King – Stand By Me
- The Proclaimers – King Of The Road
- Steve – I Am Here (Falling Down Album Version)
- Mitch Benn – Steal This Song
So this is a slightly different style of playlist than my last. This time its a selection of music that I like to listen to when I can’t move at all. Would be nice for summer in the garden.
Here are a few stand out tracks.
Johnny Cash – Hurt
This track is just plain awesome. You dont often hear tracks that are a vast improvement on their original. But this one is.
Amon Tobin – Four Ton Mantis
Discovered this in a car advert. But dont hold that against it. It has a nice quality to it.
Flipron – Flush It
This band are dark. When I was playing them at one point “the wife” asked me to turn it off because it was depressing her. Gotta love music that creates emotion.
Beastie Boys – Shadrach
I like the Beastie Boys. Any group that goes from Punk to Hiphop in their career appeal to me. This is one of their best tracks if you ask me.
RJD2 – Ghostwriter
I love this track. No other comment its just awesome.
Brigham Young University Vocal Point – Super Mario
hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant. Goes with the trade too.
65daysofstatic – Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
Shame its the live track but i love the way this track builds. It ends in a creshendo of noise. Love it.
The Proclaimers – King Of The Road
I like the Proclaimers. I’m not ashamed.
So there it is. I love all of these tracks. I’d of commented on all of them but that just ends up with a lot of writing.