Quick straw poll – would you prefer playlist updates such as this one in the morning or afternoon? Let us know via Twitter (@spotisfaction).
Afternoon, folks! Today”™s playlist comes courtesy of Simon Mogg, whose previous playlist was one of my favourite concepts: “The Evolution of Moggy (in music)”. Fortunately, for today”™s submission he”™s guaranteed us no nu-metal or PJ & Duncan”¦
Remember that we”™re running a competition to win a ticket for Broken Social Scene”™s show in Birmingham on Sat 26th June – if you”™ve not entered yet, tweet us your favourite feel-good song with the #compisfaction hashtag. See here for full info!
Love, hugs and mealy bugs.
74 Spotisfaction Friday (18 Jun) – SMogg
Hit the link for the track listing and Moggy”™s blurb.
- Damien Rice ”“ Amie
- Johnny Cash ”“ Hurt
- Amon Tobin ”“ Four Ton Mantis
- Harry J Allstars ”“ Liquidator
- David Bowie ”“ Life On Mars?
- Flipron ”“ Flush It
- Saul Williams ”“ Black Stacey
- Maxim ”“ Spectral Wars
- Jurassic 5 ”“ CONCRETE SCHOOLYARD
- Beastie Boys ”“ Shadrach
- Sublime ”“ KRS-One
- Gorillaz ”“ Clint Eastwood (Phi Life Cypher Version)
- RJD2 ”“ Ghostwriter
- Flogging Molly ”“ Float
- Brigham Young University Vocal Point ”“ Super Mario
- The Puppini Sisters ”“ Spooky
- Special AKA ”“ Gangsters
- Desmond Dekker ”“ You Can Get It If You Really Want
- Reel Big Fish ”“ Drunk Again
- Everlast ”“ Black Jesus
- Bill Withers ”“ Lean On Me – Single Version
- Newton Faulkner ”“ People Should Smile More
- Paolo Nutini ”“ Pencil Full Of Lead
- Nick Drake ”“ Black Eyed Dog
- 65daysofstatic ”“ Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
- John Martyn ”“ May You Never
- Ben E. King ”“ Stand By Me
- The Proclaimers ”“ King Of The Road
- Steve ”“ I Am Here (Falling Down Album Version)
- Mitch Benn ”“ Steal This Song
So this is a slightly different style of playlist than my last. This time its a selection of music that I like to listen to when I can”™t move at all. Would be nice for summer in the garden.
Here are a few stand out tracks.
Johnny Cash ”“ Hurt
This track is just plain awesome. You dont often hear tracks that are a vast improvement on their original. But this one is.
Amon Tobin ”“ Four Ton Mantis
Discovered this in a car advert. But dont hold that against it. It has a nice quality to it.
Flipron ”“ Flush It
This band are dark. When I was playing them at one point “the wife” asked me to turn it off because it was depressing her. Gotta love music that creates emotion.
Beastie Boys ”“ Shadrach
I like the Beastie Boys. Any group that goes from Punk to Hiphop in their career appeal to me. This is one of their best tracks if you ask me.
RJD2 ”“ Ghostwriter
I love this track. No other comment its just awesome.
Brigham Young University Vocal Point ”“ Super Mario
hahahahahahahahahaha. Brilliant. Goes with the trade too.
65daysofstatic ”“ Drove Through Ghosts To Get Here
Shame its the live track but i love the way this track builds. It ends in a creshendo of noise. Love it.
The Proclaimers ”“ King Of The Road
I like the Proclaimers. I”™m not ashamed.
So there it is. I love all of these tracks. I”™d of commented on all of them but that just ends up with a lot of writing.