So, Thursday, we meet again. Thom ”˜wrote”™ me a song (read: stole it from Eagles Of Death Metal), and I wanted to share it with you all:
Oh oh oh David Prowse
Gon doo a voodoo until
You feel my power now!
You know I feel so smooth
I”™m always struttin”™ when in motion
Make the little girls dance
Cos”™ i”™m rock n rollin”™
It reallly doesn”™t matter
If you”™re hard to please
Cos”™ when you give me your smile
I”™m yours for straight controllin”™
Oh oh oh David Prowse
Oh oh oh David Prowse
- Maybeshewill – The Paris Hilton Sex Tape – Japanese Sky Transcript Ep Version
- And So I Watch You from Afar – I Capture Castles
- Bear In Heaven – Ultimate Satisfaction
- Sparta – While Oceana Sleeps
- Death From Above 1979 – Little Girl
- The Whitest Boy Alive – 1517
- Fink – Move On Me
- Amy Millan – Bury This
- Asobi Seksu – I”™m Happy But You Don”™t Like Me
- Sebastien Grainger & The Mountains – Love Can Be So Mean
- Cymbals Eat Guitars – Like Blood Does
- Apostle Of Hustle – Kings & Queens
- Kevin Drew – F-ked Up Kid
- Rilo Kiley – The Moneymaker
- Dem Brooklyn Bums – Detroit Rock City
- The Cramps – Fever
- Jay-Z – Girls Girls Girls
- The Cinematic Orchestra, Roots Manuva – All Things To All Men
- MONO – Silent Flight, Sleeping Dawn
- Morcheeba – Undress Me Now
- Zero 7 – Salt Water Sound
- E-Vax – The Process Of Leaving
- Cujo – The Sighting
- The Submarines – Brighter Discontent – Styrofoam Remix
- Maps – To The Sky (The Loving Hand Remix Edit)
- Telefon Tel Aviv – You Are The Worst Thing In The World
- Zander VT – Get Down (Fritz Zander Edit)
- Ellen Allien & Apparat – Jet – Ben Klock Remix
- DJ Food – Dark Lady – Skint Mix
This is a rock ”˜n”™ roll news post I am doing for you which is called “Thom writes the news post for Dave. Hit it, Brendan”.
Like an eloquant steam roller I have taken it upon myself to jump in and write on David”™s behalf today. Before I fly wildly out of orbit and into the sun, let”™s talk playlist.
Currently, we”™re waiting for a few more submissions to come through before running any more guest mixes. I can”™t remember if I actually told Dave that or not, but I guess when he reads this he will know. I told him he was running today”™s at about 10AM today, so he had to knock this one out pretty quick as a result. He”™s a sweet young thing, isn”™t he? Still, it”™s a good ”˜un. [Editor”™s note: Truth. This man speaks it]
A quick rundown – I think if there was a war after the break up of At The Drive In, Dave would be in Camp Sparta and I would be on the planet Mars Volta. However, I have never been one to let violent conflict get in the way of listening to great music (and let”™s face it, listening to The Mars Volta is akin to a violent and horrific assault on your ears in the best possible way) and as a result I fully endorse the choice of Sparta. Plus, “While Oceana Sleeps” is also a fantastic track. [Editor”™s note: I love The Mars Volta too, I”™d say I prefer them to Sparta, but this track makes my ears bleed pre-cum]
I put an Asobi Seksu track on my last dreampop/shoegaze playlist and I know for a fact that David is a huge fan. If you missed them, check out “I”™m Happy But You Don”™t Like Me” as it is a good indication of the pure aural wonderment that is Asobi Seksu.
I remember The Cramps. I remember “Fever”. I think this was on The Hangover soundtrack. Which was, let”™s me honest, a fantastic soundtrack. This track now officially reminds me of the worst kind of morning after revenge of the night before. I think I”™m missing a tooth.
I really like the work of Ellen Allien. I have yet to hear this particular track with Apparat remixed by Ben Klock, so I”™m very keen to shoot it up and have a listen. You should be too, David usually has spot on taste in these affairs.
The last one I”™m going to pick out is DJ Food – Dark Lady (Skint Mix). The original is pure Ninja Tune classic. In fact, I believe DJ Food is playing Cheltenham Jazz Festival this year, I”™d recommend you check it out.
All in all then, something for everyone on here. Unless you”™re deaf. In which case you get to read this instead.
Little red top English girl,
Spilling out filth but oh so well spoken,
It”™s raining but I can”™t even notice that right now
Life isn”™t too short for a little rock and roll.
Okay, we have impact. Now, go forth and enjoy today. I will be updating tomorrow with a special “Jo has a birthday, Thom has a day off, bank holiday shirt lifting extravaganza” playlist. Later good people of Earth.
Steamrollers can”™t jump.
Thom (From the Desk of David Prowse).