Happy Tuesday, people. Some of you people have some strange ideas when it comes to what is classified as a guilty pleasure, you know that? Regardless, thanks to everyone who took part and everyone who listened to Friday”™s collab. Feedback, as always will be appreciated.
Today”™s playlist is one of mine. Here it is. Enjoy.
- LCD Soundsystem – Never As Tired As When I”™m Waking Up
- Chemical Brothers – Music: Response
- Metric – Gimme Sympathy (Adam Freeland Remix)
- Daft Punk – Crescendolls
- Leftfield – Afrika Shox
- DJ Shadow – Organ Donor
- UNKLE – In A State (Sasha Remix)
- Nick Cave & Warren Ellis – The Road
- Death In Vegas – Dirge
- Caribou – Melody Day
- Sparklehorse – Wish You Were Here
- A Sunny Day In Glasgow – Nitetime Rainbows
- Broken Social Scene – Windsurfing Nation
- Ungdomskulen – Modern Drummer
- 65daysofstatic – Retreat! Retreat!
- Erland And The Carnival – You Don”™t Have to Be Lonely
- Titus Andronicus – Four Score and Seven
- Eels – Mansions Of Los Feliz
- Memory Tapes – Bicycle
- Blood Red Shoes – Colours Fade
- The Duke Spirit – The Step And The Walk
- Los Campesinos! – We”™ve Got Your Back
- These New Puritans – We Want War
- Bear In Heaven – Wholehearted Mess
- Supergrass – Sun Hits The Sky
- Primal Scream – Accelerator
Some choice words.
Yes, it”™s me again so you know what you”™re getting. I had a fantastic weekend with fantastic people, but it was not without it”™s down points. As such, this playlist is a kind of “Best Of Thom”™s weekend”, only it”™s not as there was so much more awesome music that was kicked about in Spotisfaction towers and indeed out and about. Most of these tracks have some kind of meaning or reason behind me including them today, including:
LCD Soundsystem – Never As Tired As When I”™m Waking Up
I do love this album. This track is a bit of a comfort to me today. Also sums up how I felt this morning trying to get out of bed. Internal soundtrack for the win. Team Win.
Chemical Brothers – Music: Response
I haven”™t heard this in a long time, I had been meaning to put this album on specifically for this track for the last 3 or 4 months and I finally got round to it this weekend, so I”™m putting this on. Also, it makes me realise that it”™s actually Tuesday, not Monday, so 4 day week.
Metric – Gimme Sympathy (Adam Freeland Remix)
Although not a fan of the breaks scene per se, I respect the fantastic talents of Adam Freeland and his Marine Parade label. He once again works his magic on this Metric track.
Daft Punk – Crescendolls
I picked up a copy of Interstella 5555 this weekend, so in Sheps honour I present this track. Besides, you can”™t go wrong with a bit of Daft Punk. Factual.
Broken Social Scene – Windsurfing Nation
My tickets for the BSS gig in Birmingham came through this weekend, I can”™t wait to see them, and I can”™t wait to hear this track on my playlist. If you haven”™t already, check out the stuff from the upcoming album, it”™s most fantastic.
65daysofstatic – Retreat! Retreat!
Again, chucking this one as these guys are at 2000trees this year and I am DEAD EXCITED about it. So, yeah.
Titus Andronicus – Four Score and Seven
Kev remains undecided on Titus Andronicus. I put this out here for Kev to digest.
Supergrass – Sun Hits The Sky
This song is so fucking summer and anyone who disagrees deserves to be shot through the heart with a crossbolt. Hurry up, summer.
Primal Scream – Accelerator
I”™ve been a bit all over the place recently, I haven”™t had chance to check out as much music as I”™d of liked to, so I”™m really happy at all of the awesome playlists we”™ve had in. We will be running them all, so please keep them coming. I know my playlists tend to be a little bit on the safe and predictable side, I”™ve got some real shockers coming soon.
Peace and Noise