I”™m really looking forward to this one. What am I saying? I look forward to all of them. I”™m hoping that I”™m going to get down and craft one of these myself this week, my head is spinning to listen to new music. I had the pleasure of meeting today”™s guest at a Cheltenham Underground night and I have to say, he was pretty awesome. Much sexier and more charming than David. Anyway, plug in and listen to this stuff.
Also, submissions people. PLAEZ CAN WE HAZ MOAR SUBMISSIONS. I”™m going to do an overhall of everything at the weekend, so making submissios is going to be easier going forward. In fact, big ideas – coming soon. Right, I”™m gonna drink this here orange juice and listen to todays mix. Over to Fozz. Oh, and serious respect for the blurb. You are winner.
Playlist is here
1. RÃ¶yksopp ”“ What Else Is There? (TrentemÃ¸ller Remix)
2. Mvsevm ”“ French Jeans (Dada Life Remix)
3. Late of the Pier ”“ Bathroom Gurgle (Breakbot Remix)
4. Deadmau5 & Kaskade ”“ I Remember (Caspa Remix)
5. MSTRKRFT ”“ Heartbreaker (Wolfgang Gartner Remix)
6. The Priors ”“ What You Need (Hey Champ Remix)
7. Fever Ray ”“ Triangle Walks (Rex the Dog Remix)
8. Heartsrevolution ”“ Ultraviolence (Vitalic Remix)
9. Florence + The Machine ”“ You”™ve Got the Love (The xx Remix)
10. RÃ¶yksopp ”“ Happy Up Here (Boys Noize Remix)
11. Yeah Yeah Yeahs ”“ Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)
12. Hawa ”“ Dance
13. Delphic ”“ This Momentary (Le Matos Remix)
14. Tiga ”“ Sex O”™Clock (Matthias Aguayo Remix)
15. Matt & Kim ”“ Daylight (Troublemaker Remix feat. De La Soul)
16. Nneka ”“ Heartbeat (Chase & Status We Just Bought a Guitar Mix)
17. Massive Attack ”“ Paradise Circus (Breakage”™s Tight Rope Remix)
18. Annie ”“ Anthonio (Designer Drugs Remix)
19. Gossip ”“ Heavy Cross (Fred Falke Remix)
20. The Kills ”“ Cheap and Cheerful (Sebastian Remix)
OK, so Dave asked me to come up with a playlist for this malarkey a while ago so I thought I”™d throw a handful tracks together and see what happens. While the previous playlists have had some awesome tracks in them I felt that a few more remixes were needed. I know the rules say to try and keep things varied, and most of these tracks are quite electro, but I though I”™d push the boat out. A lot of the stuff in my list has been blogged about fairly recently on the Hype Machine and, to be honest, I”™m quite surprised that I managed to find a lot of it on Spotify. I don”™t really have any personal reasons for choosing any of the tracks other than the fact that I think they sound freakin”™ kick-ass. Simple as. So crank up the volume and enjoy.
I thought I”™d kick things off with TrentemÃ¸ller”™s remix of “What Else Is There?” by RÃ¶yksopp, which is probably my favourite track in the list. I first heard TrentemÃ¸ller”™s album “The Last Resort” a couple of years ago and was instantly hooked by the haunting minimalistic and downtempo beats. I”™m also a big fan of RÃ¶yksopp, so the combination of the two was destined for awesomeness.
I”™ve listened to a few Breakbot remixes lately and I find that they can be very hit-and-miss. Fortunately, this remix of “Bathroom Gurgle” by Late of the Pier really hits the spot for me. In a non-sexual way that is.
The Hey Champ remix of “What You Need” is a down-right sublime track. If this doesn”™t bring back memories of lazy summer days, supping on a beer then nothing will.
I tried to avoid duplicating artists in my list, but there are so many awesome remixes of various RÃ¶yksopp songs out there that I just had to include the Boys Noize remix of “Happy Up Here” as well. Hell, I could probably make an entire playlist consisting purely of RÃ¶yksopp remixes, but I thought that might be pushing my luck just a little bit.
“Dance” by Hawa is not a remix but is actually a rather quirky cover of “D.A.N.C.E.” by Justice, done brilliantly in a 1960s soul-funk style. I stuck it somewhere near the middle of the list to break things up a bit and so that I could say I”™d added a bit of variety!
I”™m really not a massive fan of Tiga in the slightest, I think he can be an arrogant and irritating, and this also tends to manifest itself in his music. But I must admit that there is something annoyingly catchy about “Sex O”™Clock”, and this remix of it certainly improves on the original.
“Paradise Circus” is off the “Heligoland” album, the latest offering from Massive Attack, and luckily the version of the album on Spotify comes with Breakage”™s remix.
The Sebastian remix of “Cheap and Cheerful” by The Kills has been around for a couple of years now, but it is an old favourite of mine so I thought I”™d tack it onto the end just to round things off nicely.
Over and out.