Whoa. We”™ve had a nice influx of playlists from you decent folks and a fair few more in the pipeline, so huge, massive, monumentally large thanks to you all. Didn”™t think this little idea would catch on, so freaking aces to see our inbox filling with quality playlists! I hope you”™re enjoying building your lists as much as we enjoy listening to them.
Remember, if you want to submit one (or another one, if you”™ve already done one) then see here.
Today is Battinski”™s birthday, so in honour of the grumpy bastard being really old we”™re posting his playlist today. Happy birthday, dude.
Get the playlist here.
- Mr. Scruff – So Long
- Speech Debelle – Spinnin”™ – Radio Edit
- Ty – Mind Made Up
- Ther Herbaliser, What What – The Blend
- DJ Format, Abdominal – Rap Machine
- Ther Herbaliser, Blade – Time 2 Build
- Chipmunk – Chip Diddy Chip
- Speech Debelle – The Key
- Mark b, Blade – Building A Rep
- Ol”™ Dirty Bastard – Shimmy Shimmy Ya – Remastered LP Version
- Roots Manuva – Witness (1 Hope)
- DJ Food, Ken Nordine – The Ageing Young Rebel – Gentle Cruelty
- Speech Debelle – Searching
- Up, Bustle & Out – Y Ahora Tu
- Ty – Don”™t Watch That (Knickers, Y-Fronts and Jockstraps)
- Mr. Scruff, Brantax – Vibrate
- Dynamic Syncopation, Mass Influence – 2 Tha Left
- DJ Format – Hit Song
- Baby J, Blade, Laurissa – Mumps
- Jurassic 5 – Jurass Finish First
- Method Man, Ghostface Killah – Afterparty
I”™m not one for blurb necassarily, but here goes.
This playlist is a mix of beats and rhymes generated because I listen to different styles depending my mood. This is my getting stuff done with a groove mix but also to prove that hiphop isn”™t just a flat Stereotype of nizzas and wizza and busting caps in grasses while blunting your 40”¦.
A lot of these artists are UK based which is a bit of a chance to show off some homegrown talent, although Abdominal is Canadian I think, he”™s closely linked with the excellent DJ Format. I”™ve been listening to Ty since he appeared on a Sprung Mountain Bike video many many moons ago. There”™s 1 potentially quite controversial track in there, but its a tune I really like and compared to the rest of this artists work, I think it stands out. See if you can guess which one.
I”™ve also taken the opportunity to lace the playlist with Speech Debelle, who to many will just be the unknown who won the Mercury Music Prize, but i really think if you haven”™t hear her music before, its a great example of why she deserved that prize rather than the music press”™s constant cooing of the like of Kasabian (who I actually like but really don”™t understand the exessive hype).
I”™ve tried to spread the music out so if you can resist listening on shuffle give it a go, but I”™ll forgive you if you can”™t (as I”™m a shuffle junkie myself a lot of the time). Some Acid Jazz and even some poetry creeps to give your mind a break from the lyric onslaught and for you impatient types, its a little shorter at a scant 1.4 hours”¦