Welcome, strangers. Today we have something a bit special. I”™ve been longing to put this up ever since it was submitted and today is the day. It”™s Steve Johnson”™s metal mix. It is also Steve”™s birthday today, so everyone give him a big cheer and if you get the chance, buy the man a drink. Happy birthday, dude. Cheers for the submission.
68 Spotisfaction Friday (4 Jun) – SJohnson
Well, I was asked by Thom for a metal playlist so here is a predominantly metal playlist for all you pansies out there. Also a sly bit of Grunge and “Alternative” thrown in for good measure as to not wear you all out.
1. Meshuggah – New Millenium Cyanide Christ
2. Kreator – Betrayer
3. Pantera – Psycho Holiday
4. Hate Eternal – Powers That Be
5. Symphony X – Sea of Lies
6. Strapping Young Lad – Zen
7. Mr Bungle – Slowly Growing Deaf
8. Pantera – Cemetary Gates
9. Opeth – The Leper Affinity
10. Alice in Chains – No Excuses
11. Vital Remains – Dechristianize
12. Obituary – Don”™t Care
13. Deicide – Kill The Christian
14. Faith No More – Surprise You”™re Dead
15. Slayer – Seasons in the Abyss
16. Soundgarden – Holy Water
17. Meshuggah – Bleed
18. Cannibal Corpse – Hammer Smashed Face
19. Morbid Angel – Where the Slime Live
20. Megadeth – Holy Wars”¦ The Punishment Due
21. Dimmu Borgir – Kings of the Carnival Creation
22. Pantera – Revolution is my Name
23. Nile – Kafir
24. Tomahawk – Sir, Yes Sir
25. Slayer – Angel of Death
If you”™re not into thrash/extreme/technical metal then this playlist is not for you, though check out the Alice in Chains track because they are pretty much the best band ever (RIP Layne)
Tried to cover a fair spectrum of metal in this playlist but predominantly it leans towards the extreme side of the scale.
Pantera and Slayer are of particular relevance to my interests as they are effectively the first “proper” metal bands I listened to.
Obviously the vocals in alot of these songs are extreme (what else are you expecting from death metal ?) but if any of you do want to argue that death metal isn”™t music because of the vocals please let me know.
Psycho Holiday (One of my fave guitar solo”™s ever)
Bleed (Listen to the drummer”™s footwork)
Dechristianize (Awesome title, awesome arpeggio breakdown)
Kafir! (Because you will never be able to play this song on drums)
Holy Water (Chris Cornell has an insane voice)
Hammer Smashed Face (Title says it all)
Well this was fun.