“A playlist so random its highly likely Thom may shit himself through fear.”
Happy Monday, proles. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, I know I did. The best, in fact. I”™m so goddamn lucky it hurts. But enough of that right now, we”™re here for the music.
Do you know, I”™ve waited so long to get this mix up. I really have. Today is the perfect day to run it. A sunny Monday. Looking at the playlist, it is going to kick the mundane right out of Monday and make you music so hard your fingernails grow an inch. Yes, I just used “music” as a verb. Now, I will leave you in the plesant company of the living legend that is, Rikki M. Hill, esq.
Fear ye not, the weekend is a scant 5 days away.
Here”™s the spotify link: Spotisfaction – Rik Hill.
Blurb is below shag!
I”™m Rik and I know a few of the lads through school (Thom, Neil and JB) we spent most of our 6 years together either accusing each other of being gay in increasingly creative ways or saving up spit for an entire double English lesson then smashing two full cheeks worth of saliva all over each other”™s blazers. We were also rather fond of swearing all over our exercise books with phrases such as “Suck my fat willy ladies” or “Good evening. Would you like to see my ball bag?” Quite simply, time very well spent. [Editors note: I also remember the phrase “I”™ll have a big bulls willy and chips, please” was scrawled on Rik”™s pencil case during a particularly frantic Business Studies lesson – Thom].
We also spent a lot of time listening to music, watching late night Eurotrash and pissing about with computers. Whilst Thom and Neil put these skills to good use and went into computers, I went to uni and spent most of my time sleeping and wanking before getting my old DIY store job back after I ran out of money in 6 months (Dont worry I eventually got a proper job, i.e. one that destroys my soul every minute I”™m there”¦.) Again music”™s been a constant and people no matter how rough things get, listen to a few tracks you dig and I guarantee you wont feel as bad.
So here”™s my random playlist of bands I like or unloved classics (I couldn”™t resist putting Journey in there purely because its the end credits for the Larry Burns episode of the Simpsons and sums up the end to almost all of the shite 80”™s films i love). Enjoy my lovely little sluts.
- Re: Your Brains – Jonathon Coulton
- Devil With a Blue Dress On – Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels
- Mother we cant get enough – New Radicals
- Who was in my room last night? – Butthole Surfers
- Cigarette Machine – White Rose Movement
- New York – Stephen Fretwell
- Voodoo Circus – De La Soul
- Wide Awake – The Twang
- Dirty Mind – The Pipettes
- Better off as Two – FrankMusik
- Not nineteen forever – The Courteeners
- Raspberry Beret -Prince
- Rise – Public Image Limited
- Chips Ahoy! – The Hold Steady
- Everybody come on – Mr Reds vs DJ Skribble
- Over and Over again – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
- I Wish – SkeeLo
- Gangsters – The Specials
- Fight Music – D12
- She – Grand Avenue
- Your little hoodrat friend – The Hold Steady
- Wise Guy – Joe Pesci
- Bad Moon Rising – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Into your arms -The Lemonheads
- Lucio starts fires – Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong
- Perseverence – Terrorvision
- Let Go -Frou Frou
- Freakin Out – Graham Coxon
- Falling Out of Reach – Guillemots
- Any way you want it – Journey
- Middle of Nowhere – Hot Hot Heat
- Stir It Up – Patti Labelle
- Love Story – Layo and Bushwacka!
- Daft Punk is playing at my house – LCD Soundsystem
- Dont Go – Yazoo
- The Beach is free – Billy Bragg
- Bad Case of Loving You – Robert Palmer